Trayvon must Have Justice

I don't  know about You family...but I feel that I have been slapped in the face, punched in the eye, and kicked in the stomach on this Saturday....as I heard the jury find George  Zimmerman "Not Guilty"... For the murder of Trayvon Martin...
As I sat in stunned dis-belief....I let out a scream of outrage that this was some real life truth and it felt like a nightmare....
How was this man found not guilty for the death of an unarmed 17 yr. old black teenager  ....but Michael Vick went to jail for fighting dog...dogs that I might add that has been breed just for fighting in the pit for a very long time in this country.
How does that happen?....well it happens because this system was not built to serve Black people in America....
In the back of my mind I knew this would happen...I was hoping that I was being cynical & jaded about the Judicial System in America....that today this country elected its first Black President...that the jury would look beyond racial stereotypes and rightfully convict this man for Trayvon Martin's murder....
It didn't happen...George Zimmerman was acquitted 
I don't know about You family....but this has got to be huge wake up call about the fact that being Black in America is to expect unjust treatment in the court of this country...
It is to be treat as less than the life of a dog....
That our young Black Men can be hunted down and killed because of the way they look and no justice will be served...
This country has had a long history of these practices...
The question now is how can we stop it and who will be next????


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaat!!!! I'm not Black enough

New Problem for the unemployed: Job-less Discimination